SisterStay is a warm and welcoming community and we'd love you to join us. We just need to verify your identity first with a friendly chat and a check of your documents. If you’d like to send a scanned copy of your passport (official photo ID) together with one other recent, official proof of address (like a utility bill) to email@example.com, we will be in touch to walk you through it.
We can’t wait to help you get you started on this next chapter, exploring
new places whilst staying with new friends. And you found us just in time - it's currently free to sign up, but we will be introducing a one-off joining fee soon.
Oh and by the way, don't worry about that Invitation Code below; it's something we will send to you once you've been verified.
The term 'SisterStay' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 10 Bidborough Ridge, Kent TN4 0UR, England. Our company registration number is 11388244, incorporated in the United Kingdom. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- SisterStay has the right to remove any users from the website and terminate their right of use of the service without any specific reason and without being liable for compensation.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Your privacy is important
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy and your personal information.
Protecting customer information
SisterStay are classed as a data controller which means we are responsible for deciding how your personal data is processed. We always make it a priority to protect your personal and privileged information. We do not sell or trade your information or your personal data to other companies.
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All employees who have access to the data will respect the confidentiality of that data.
If you contact us by email you should be aware that such emails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. We cannot accept any responsibility for the unauthorised access to your data that is beyond our control.
Information we collect
We collect information in the following ways:
Active collection: information you provide to us. We collect and use your personal information to facilitate bookings and administer payments to and from you - for example your name, age and address. This information may also include other personal information such as health details. We will only use this information to provide you with the service that you signed up for.
Passive collection: information which is automatically collected whilst navigating through and interacting with the content on our site as well as information on your device or computer (such as cookies). The sole purpose of passively collecting your information is to improve your experience when using our websites and services.
Third Party Services: SisterStay uses a variety of services hosted by third parties such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Instagram, Facebook etc. These services may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, such as cookies or your IP request. For information on how these third parties collect and use your information, please refer to their Privacy Policies. By using SisterStay you consent to the processing of data by these third parties in accordance with their Privacy Policies.
How we will use the data you give us
We ask for and collect data from you because it is necessary to facilitate and administer the service you have requested from us and to transact payments for you. If we need to pass data to other firms, it will only be for that purpose.
When we contact you, it will either be for the above reasons, or because we have a legitimate interest in marketing related products which are relevant to you or your business. For any other marketing it will only be with your consent and you will be able to withdraw your consent or unsubscribe at any time.
If we need to obtain data which is by nature sensitive we will only do so on the basis that it is in the public interest - for example to fight crime, prevent fraud or to make sure the service you have requested is available.
Information we share
Your information will only be shared for the purpose of facilitating and administering our service to you and transacting payments for you. Your information may be disclosed to regulatory bodies if requested for monitoring or enforcing rules and regulations.
· You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk, Tel 0303 123 11132.
· You can obtain a copy of your personal data from us without charge by contacting us at our registered address. This may include the right to transfer data to other providers.
· You have the right to ask us to correct any data held on file that you consider not to be correct.
· You have the right to ask us to delete your data or stop using it, unless it is necessary for us to retain it for insurance or financial purposes, as set out in our retention policy, or is a legislative requirement.
· You may have the right to object if decisions about you are made solely by an automated process which may include profiling.
Linked websites and information security
Cookies are small, harmless, helpful files which are stored on your computer in order to gather information or to aid the functionally of a website. Cookies are extremely common and are used by almost every website you visit.